Central Presbyterian Church (CPC) is a living and vibrant faith community where growing relationships with Jesus Christ are expressed as deepening connections with those in and outside of the Central community. CPC is in search of a Global Missions Coordinator to provide program coordination and administrative support for global mission partners of CPC.
This position is best suited to a person with an out-going personality who enjoys working with all types of people – those within Central and especially our global missionaries. This person must enthusiastically foster a team atmosphere in coordinating people, activities, and tasks. Computer skills are necessary. Experience working in a dynamic environment requiring effective people skills and the ability to adjust to change is highly desirable. Importantly, the candidate must be a Christ follower, living a faith-filled life.
This is an 8 hour per week part-time position with a flexible work schedule. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to HR@centralpc.org.
Guest Services and Connections Coordinator
Reports to: Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Missions
Hours: 8 hours per week
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide program coordination and administrative support for global mission partners of Central Presbyterian Church.
- A thriving relationship with Christ
- able to articulate the daily impact of Christ in his/her life
- able to articulate his/her approach to spiritual growth
- A healthy foundation in people skills
- A well-articulated vision of global mission and the role of the local church
- Comfort with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Skills in written and verbal communication to both missionaries and congregation
- Compassionate heart
- Computer literacy
- Direct oversight of global mission partnerships
- Maintain communication with global mission partners
- Coordinate publicity for global mission partners with Worship and Communications Departments
- Work with teams to plan and execute global ministry education opportunities and missionary hospitality (Lunch and Learns, missionary meet and greet)
- Attend quarterly Outreach Leadership Team meetings
- Plan and maintain ServeCentral location (working with Associate Director for Connections and Discipleship)
- Recruit and support for global mission Connectors, 2nd Sunday Team, Prayer teams
- Oversee Congregational collections and special missions projects (working with AD for Connect/Discipleship and Communications Dept)
- Monthly approval of disbursements
- Initial point of contact for inquiries about mission from within and outside of Central
This position works closely with other church ministries in regard to serving opportunities.