Lent is the period of time between Ash Wednesday (February 10) and Easter Sunday (March 27). Lent is about creating space in our life for reflecting on the life, death, resurrection, and love of Jesus.
For some people, that means giving something up for Lent to create more space for Jesus. For others, it might be about adding things to life to deepen our relationship and connection with Jesus.
Here are some suggestions of ways you can have a more meaningful Lenten experience…
Habit and Practices
- Take a break from technology and social media.
- Volunteer to serve in Children’s Ministry.
- Drink only water. Take the money you might spend on drinks and give it to an organization that provides clean water to areas in need.
- Pray before lunch at school.
- Send your Breakout Leader an encouraging note.
- Read the book of Matthew throughout Lent.
- Skip Dodgeball to help clean-up after Whirlwind.
- Go through your closet and give away a pile of clothes to Goodwill.
- Eat lunch with someone different.
- Fill your Instagram with pictures of what you are grateful for.
Read a Devotional Book
There is a reading for each day of Lent.
Buy a copy on Amazon or borrow one from Matt!
Download the Bible App onto your phone, tablet or iPod. Through the app, you can search Scripture, highlight verses, write notes, or choose a reading plan for Lent.
You can also find friends through the app and encourage each other as you read Scripture.
Attend some of the special Worship Services during Lent.
- Ash Wednesday (February 10)
- Palm Sunday (March 20)
- Maundy Thursday (March 24)
- Good Friday (March 25)
- Easter Sunday (March 27)